Miscellaneous Gadgets,Automotive Gadgets

There are times when I struggle to find ideas for Coolest Gadget articles, but sometimes, one will just appear. This was the case of the Zapcar. One moment I’m watching my kids play on the playground, and then the Xebra Electric Sedan pulls up, just begging to be written about.

Once I saw this unusual three-wheeled car, I had to ask the owners about it. I was very intrigued once they told me that the vehicle was totally electrical, with absolutely no gas or petrol is involved. The owners even opened up the lid where the gas should go on an ordinary car, and all I saw was an ordinary electric socket.

To fuel this vehicle, all a Zapcar driver needs to do is hook that socket up to an extension cord, and plug the other end into an ordinary wall outlet. The Xebra Electric Sedan can travel up to 25 miles on a single charge.

Granted, its top speed is only 40 mph (65 kmph), but if you live in a small town like I do, the Zapcar is a very practical and cost-efficient way to travel. Especially the way gas prices keep going up.

0 comments: