EyeFi Mobile getting cooler and cooler with apps and direct transfer

Eye-Fi to release new cards to transfer directly to your mobile device

First came wifi capable SD cards. Then they added GPS. Now, Eye-Fi is turning it up to 11 once again with a cool bevy of iPhone and iPad apps, and a direct transfer capability for easy backup.

With the idea of making it easier and easier to share photos people take, EyeFi has created Direct Mode transfer so that your camera can transmit photos directly to a mobile device, beit smartphone or tablet. This makes it far easier to upload to photo sites like Facebook and Flickr. The Apps will also allow for simple one touch integrated sync with online storage sites.

Genius. I know that when I want to share something on Facebook, I tend to go for a my lower res iPhone, rather than shoot with my camera and have to jump through a few hoops to transfer to my PC and upload. This new direct mode transfer will enable me to easily shoot a shot and have it up on Facebook within seconds.

0 comments: